Interior design is an activity that any homeowner generally enjoys doing. From choosing the right type of furniture to arranging the elements in the house, designing the home is not only satisfying but also value-adding. It’s the exact same case with kitchen marble counters – they can instantly bring up the elegance and value of any home.
For a lot of people, the heart of the home is the kitchen. Some homeowners entertain their guests in an open-type kitchen where they can cook for their friends and family and still be able to talk to them. In this kind of purpose, it’s important for your kitchen to look classy, comfortable, and functional – all at the same time!
A Countertop Adds Value To Your Kitchen
You may need to spend a significant amount if you want to have a fancy kitchen. Aside from kitchen appliances, the perfect countertop should be part of your kitchen upgrade plans.
Adding a kitchen countertop can increase the value of your home by at least 20%. New homebuyers are not only focused on how big the house is, but also interested to buy a house with exceptional design. Putting a good countertop will already boost the resale value of your home, in case you plan on selling your house in the future.
Choosing the Perfect Kitchen Marble Counter
Marble is one of the most popular kitchen countertop materials in the market. What’s great about this kind of material is that it’s available in a wide variety of colors and designs.
The prices of marble countertops differ according to quality and design. Econgranite marble countertops, for instance, use high-quality marble in various colors that customers can pick from.
Here are some of the most beautiful marble countertop designs that you may find perfect for your kitchen needs:
- Vein Cut
- Thassos Marble (no veins)
- White Himalaya Marble (fewer veins with a hint of brown, purple, or gold)
- China Black Marble (more intense white)
- Fantasy Black Marble (dark background with grey wavy veins)
How To Maintain Your Marble Countertop
No matter how beautiful your house is, it’s not going to last like that if you do not make it a habit to clean and maintain it. Therefore, make sure to do the following tips to keep the beauty of your marble countertops:
- Add a sealant onto your marble counters to ensure that no moisture can get through it.
- When you spill vinegar, citrus juices, and other acid solutions onto the marble countertop, clean it as soon as possible. Acids may leave a permanent stain on your countertop, and it’s not going to look pretty if you use white marble.
- Use a damp sponge when cleaning the countertop. Ensure that you have taken off any rough debris that may scratch the marble, before wiping off the surface.
- If you happen to notice a stubborn stain on your marble counter, use a poultice paste by spreading it on the stain and covering it with a plastic for 12-24 hours. When it’s dry, scrape off the paste and wipe off with a damp cloth.
- Because marble is a soft kind of stone, don’t slam or hit the surface hard with any material. Doing so may chip or crack the marble materials, especially near the edges.
Of all kinds of stones used for kitchen countertops, marble is the most popular choice because of its affordability, heat resistance, longevity, and variation in color and design. With these reasons, you can be sure that you’re getting your money’s worth. Just make sure that you know how to keep it clean and free from liquid solutions that may affect the quality of the stone.